It's not about a diet. It's about a lifestyle.
Posted: Feb 02 2015
With so many people vowing to eat healthy for their New Year’s Resolution, we thought we’d give you a list of Leah + Thu’s favorite snacks and meals! With so many delicious local coastal products to choose from, it’s not hard to eat well and eat clean. Here's just a few ideas to get you going!
- Leah loves avocados, black beans, and tomatoes mixed together as a dip or a salad! Avocados are a healthy fat and in moderation, it helps fight cancer and promote heart health. Black beans are yummy but also help regulate blood sugar and act as an antioxidant, and just like tomatoes, which are also loaded with potassium.
- Thu loves green smoothies – any smoothie with lots of greens, coconut water, and fresh fruit offer pure nutrition and quick, cheap and easy to make! They’re incredibly filling and also keep you hydrated through a busy day.
- Leah and Thu recommend local seafood found off the coast of Savannah as great sources of protein! Shrimp, trout and flounder are all native to Savannah’s waters and are all rich in omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. Make sure to ask your local restaurants about the fresh catch!
- Local honey doesn’t just curb your cravings for sweets - it’s also a great alternative to artificial sweeteners and it goes with just about everything! Red Clover girls absolutely love Savannah Bee Company’s honey in coffee, tea and our smoothies! You can even pair their awesome honeycomb with crackers and cheese for a daytime snack.
- And for desert, they both love dark chocolate! It’s a powerful antioxidant, a good source of minerals, can improve your brain function, and is extremely delicious – need we say more?